Today we pray for our local missions partner The Mustard Seed, who have been fighting hunger and restoring faith to people living in Greater Victoria since 1975. Their operations are nearly 100 percent community funded and include Vancouver Island’s largest Food Bank and Food Rescue Project, a Family Center and guest services (currently restricted services), addictions recovery at Hope Farm Healing Centre (currently closed) as well as more traditional Church services.
We join with the Mustard Seed in praying for:
- the safety for their staff and volunteers. During Covid, many people have stayed home to be safe... but God's mission still goes on.
- for their new second location over on Viewfield.
We give praise for the new staff who have recently joined the Mustard Seed:
- for the new Director of Food Security - for wise decision making
- for their new Senior Pastor and Executive Director Stephen Bell - for wisdom during this transitional time,
- and for the new temporary Hospitality Pastor who is giving existing staff a much needed time for rest and restoration.
We also pray for Hope Farm, which will hopefully be reopened by September 2022!