JOB POSTING ~ YOUTH PASTOR, LAMBRICK PARK CHURCH
This posting will remain open until Sunday, March 28, 2021, or until the position is filled.
LAMBRICK PARK CHURCH
Lambrick is a healthy and growing, multi-generational, Jesus-focused, gospel-centred church, blocks from UVic in Victoria, BC. As leaders we are wholeheartedly seeking to lead our church to “embrace and invite everyone to follow Jesus with us through redemptive community, intentional discipleship and everyday mission”, and our teens are a core part of this. Lambrick has had a vibrant youth ministry for years and we are prayerfully seeking God’s guidance for the right person to join our team and lead LAMBRICK YOUTH forward. More information about Lambrick and our history can be found at www.lambrick.com
THE BIG PICTURE
As a vital member of Lambrick’s leadership team, the Youth Pastor will take responsibility for the vision, design, leadership, pastoral and administrative oversight for the Lambrick Youth ministry, all with the aim of caring for, coming alongside and discipling Lambrick teens and their friends. But with this, we’re envisioning the Youth Pastor will contribute (20%) to the life of the church in some other vital way, which we will determine together according to your gifts, interests, and Lambrick’s ministry needs.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- is a wholehearted disciple of Jesus, whose heart beats for others to experience the same.
- has a passion for youth ministry, and for seeing teens come to know and follow Jesus in everyday life.
- has an evident love for God, the church, and people, especially youth.
- has a solid theological foundation for teaching the Bible, engaging teens’ questions honestly and thoughtfully, and pastoring/mentoring leaders
- has strong leadership, communication and organizational gifts
- is highly relational – able to build healthy and positive relationships with a diversity of people – and who has a servant heart.
- loves to mentor, equip, and empower others to grow as leaders and participate in Jesus’ ministry.
- is solution-oriented rather than problem-focused, being open to people and surprises, and bringing a positive attitude, teachable spirit, and a strong work ethic of self-motivation and discipline.
- has a minimum of an undergraduate degree (or equivalent), and a minimum of five years of youth ministry-related experience
WHAT YOU WOULD LONG TO SEE HAPPENING:
- teens becoming wholehearted followers of Jesus.
- the youth leader team feeling encouraged, energized, united and equipped, and cared for as people who also need God’s ministry.
- the youth ministry being experienced as a community where the youth are known, loved and allowed to be teens, where following Jesus is ordinary and life-giving, and where grace and truth are experienced together.
- the youth at Lambrick being valued and celebrated in the larger life of the church, and the youth pastor fueling intergenerational connection and appreciation.
- Lambrick Park Church fulfilling its mission in ways that glorify God, that are truly good for our neighbors and world.
ABOUT OUR PASTORAL TEAM
We have a great pastoral and staff team who enjoy working with one another, encouraging and supporting one another. We are committed to growing and leading together. We are a high-trust team, inviting each of us to bring our unique gifts to the table. We seek to give our best to the church and one another, while also helping one another live with limits and embrace the gift of being human.
YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Vision and Leadership
- Champion the ongoing life and development of Lambrick Youth ministry by:
- being the face, heartbeat and voice of Lambrick’s youth ministry – cultivating and communicating vision for youth ministry as core to the life and mission of the church.
- planning and leading the youth ministry (weekly gatherings, small groups, retreats, work camps, missional engagements)
- recruiting, equipping, supporting and empowering the youth ministry volunteer leaders
- encouraging, resourcing and equipping parents to be effective disciple-makers.
- partnering with Lambrick Children’s Pastor to effectively navigate youth transitions.
- pursuing creative opportunities to extend the youth ministry in and to the surrounding community
- Seasonal, special and strategic events.
- Neighborhood schools and city-wide events
Pastoral Leadership and Care
- Being a pastor to Lambrick teens, their friends and parents.
- Participating in the pastoral leadership and care of the congregational life – through presence, prayer, teaching and equipping – where invited and needed
- Investing in the spiritual and leadership development of summer/ministry interns
- Oversee all administrative duties for LAMBRICK YOUTH, including:
- youth curriculum, online tools and resources
- communicating with youth, leaders, parents and the congregation
- managing resources, facilities/rooms and records
- Plan to Protect protocols and ongoing implementation (including Criminal Record Checks)
- overseeing all policy development and implementation specific to Lambrick youth
- visioning, developing and managing the ministry budget
Being a Team Player
- Participating in weekly staff meeting, and bring your best to the table
- Working on shared initiatives with other pastoral, staff and ministry leaders
- Seeking God for the whole life of the church and leadership team
The Youth Pastor is also responsible to:
- Wholeheartedly embrace the faith, vision, mission and values of LPC; commit to the Membership Covenant; and adhere to LPC’s Policies and Procedures.
- Strive to follow Jesus in a life of justice and mercy, godliness and grace, as taught in Scripture.
- Exercise safe, legal and prudent action in all activities involving LPC people, equipment or facilities.
The Youth Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor. This position is salaried, full-time (37.5 hours per week) salaried position and includes health benefits and vacation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
To apply for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to Treace Alton by email [email protected] or in person at the church office. Due to limitations surrounding Covid-19, please call ahead if you plan to bring your resume in person. This posting will remain open until Sunday, March 28, 2021, or until the position is filled.