For our Advent Giving this year, we are hoping to raise $10,000 for the Mustard Seed, right here in Victoria!
Back in 2007, a handful of Lambrick students imagined and birthed a new type of cafe ministry at the Mustard Seed - one founded on love, respect and dignity. This continues to this day on every Friday and Saturday, and Lambrick has played its part at the monthly Agape Meal for the last 3 years. It’s an honor to participate in the ministry and legacy of the Mustard Seed.
But there is a need and a dream. Every single day, the Mustard Seed serves coffee and pastries to between 500-700 people in a chapel that was never designed or equipped for this purpose. And the team at the Seed feels that it’s time to take this step – to transform the current wellness room into a coffee bar-barista space, purchase tables and chairs, and repaint the chapel. Their vision is to create a safe and welcoming environment for members of the street community, where, through Christ-centered relationships, they can serve meals, and come alongside individuals, provide
advocacy and create strategic plans with housing, counselling, and job placement.
This endeavour will cost approx. $10,000, and it’s our hope to raise these funds together this year as our Lambrick Advent Project! If we raise more, they have even more awesome plans for their community offices and advocacy programs.
- Transform the current wellness room into a coffee bar-barista space.
- Community Offices into a nursing station, hair salon and counselling space.
- Develop Advocacy programing
- Purchases tables and chairs that would sit on dollies and be transported in and out of the chapel
February 2020 – cost $2300
- Remove storage units and paint chapel
- Purchases 8 rounds and 6 6’ foot rectangle tables on carts
March 2020 – $7600.00
- Renovate Wellness Room and Install counter and Barista Machine
They have a further vision May 2020 - $11,000
- Community offices – Install Stainless steel cabinets and counter tops, bed and seating area
- Removable hair cutting chair
- Private counselling/advocacy station