Today we pray for our local mission The Mustard Seed which seeks to fight hunger and restore faith to hurting souls in Greater Victoria. Despite the impacts of Covid, they continue to run a Food Bank and Food Rescue Project as well as more traditional Church services.
We join the Mustard Seed in praying for the following needs they have identified:
Food Distribution Centre
- We pray for togetherness, love and peace throughout the ministry and wonderful connections being made throughout the city.
- We pray for expanding Summer ministry opportunities and the need for a 10-passenger vehicle for day trips out of the city and to the farm
- for the Community to feel safe, experience welcome, and find belonging
- for summer students and interns to feel at home in ministry
- for followers of Christ in Victoria to feel 'at home’ serving with the Mustard Seed or finding other ways to serve those in need.
Sunday Church community
- We pray for our community’s safety as we navigate serving through COVID and for those disconnected to technology who may be feeling distant from their Church family.
Hope Farm Healing Centre
- We pray for the ministry as it seeks to re-open its doors; that the right people would come alongside of the project and for wisdom from God to fulfill His vision.
Today we especially pray for Tristen Schuh, a Lambrick UVIC student who will be a summer intern in the hospitality program at the Mustard Seed Church. We pray for full recovery for Tristan from a taxing year of remote learning, and that others will come alongside him as partners in prayer and financial support.