Job Opportunity - Children's Pastor
As leaders we are wholeheartedly and boldly leading and inviting our whole church into redemptive community, intentional discipleship and everyday mission – and our kids are core to this. Our current Children’s Ministry Director is heading off to follow God’s call to serve long term in Latin America, and so we are prayerfully seeking God for the right person to join our team and lead LAMBRICK KIDS ministry forward.
THE BIG PICTURE
The Children’s Pastor provides vision, leadership, pastoral and administrative oversight to LAMBRICK KIDS ministry, all with the aim of caring for, evangelizing and discipling our kids and families. The Children’s Pastor oversees all ministry to children from nursery to grade 5, partnering with and resourcing parents in the discipling of their children. (We are currently using the Gospel Project kids curriculum and are loving it).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
· Is a wholehearted disciple of Jesus whose heart beats for others to experience the same.
· Has an evident love for people - especially kids, parents, families.
· Has a passion for kids ministry and seeing kids come to know, love and follow Jesus.
· Has a solid theological foundation for teaching, discerning and working with curriculum, mentoring leaders and pastoring people.
· Has strong leadership and organizational gifts.
· Is highly relational (able to build healthy and positive relationships with a diversity of people).
· Has a servant heart.
· Loves to equip and empower others and to build teams.
· Is solution-oriented, not problem-focussed.
· Has a positive attitude and a teachable spirit.
· Has a solid work ethic, motivated, disciplined, while being open to surprises. You must be able to work both with others and on your own, supervised and unsupervised.
· Is comfortable with “creativity,” “fun” and “whimsy”, while also being on board with “responsibility” and “ownership”.
· Has experience working with kids and/or family ministry.
WHAT YOU WOULD LONG TO SEE HAPPENING
· Kids becoming wholehearted followers of Jesus.
· Parents growing as spiritual leaders in the lives of their children.
· The Children’s Ministry team feeling empowered and equipped, and having a strong sense of vision, purpose and value.
· Children’s Ministry is being facilitated in a fun, safe, and engaging way so that kids are experiencing the love of Jesus as they learn the Way, the Truth and the Life that is in Jesus.
· Kids at Lambrick are being valued and celebrated in the larger life of the church.
ABOUT OUR PASTORAL TEAM
We have a great pastoral and staff team who enjoy working with one another, encouraging and supporting one another. We are committed to growing and leading together. We are a high-trust team, inviting each of us to bring our unique gifts to the table. We seek to give our best to the church and one another, while also helping one another live with limits and embrace the gift of being human.
THE JOB DESCRIPTION
1. VISION and LEADERSHIP - Championing the ongoing life and development of LAMBRICK KIDS ministry.
a. Being the face, heart-beat and voice of LAMBRICK KIDS ministry – cultivating and communicating vision for KIDS ministry as core to the life and mission of the church.
b. Recruiting, equipping, supporting and empowering the KIDS ministry volunteer teams.
c. Partnering with and investing in parents/families to be effective disciple-makers.
d. Sourcing and implementing effective and engaging God-centered curriculum.
e. Partnering with the Youth Pastor to most effectively help navigate ministry transitions.
f. Pursuing creative opportunities to extend LAMBRICK KIDS ministry in and to the surrounding community
i. Seasonal, special and strategic events.
ii. Where possible, partner with WISEWAYS Child Development Centre
2. ADMINISTRATION - Oversee all administrative duties for LAMBRICK KIDS
a. Preparation of curriculum, facilities and resources
b. Scheduling KIDS ministry volunteers
c. Volunteers and Parent communications
d. Ensuring effective Sunday kids check-in
e. Resources, rooms and records
f. Plan to Protect protocols and ongoing implementation (including CRC’s)
g. Oversee all policy development and implementation specific to LAMBRICK KIDS
h. Visioning, developing and managing the ministry budget
3. COMMUNICATION - Develop and employ systems for regular communication with parents & families, congregation, ministry volunteer teams and other ministry leaders (personal, print, email, & Lambrick website).
4. PASTORAL CARE AND LEADERSHIP
a. Being a pastor to kids, parents and their families.
b. Participating in the pastoral care and leadership of the larger congregational life – through presence, prayer, spiritual leadership, and teaching – where invited and needed.
c. Investing in the spiritual and leadership development of summer/ministry interns.
5. BEING A TEAM PLAYER
a. Participating in weekly staff meeting, bring your best to the table
b. Working in partnership with other pastoral, staff and ministry leaders.
POSITION INFORMATION This is a .75 FTE position (30 hours per week) and includes health benefits and vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. The Children’s Ministry Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
To apply for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or in person at the church office. This posting will remain open until Monday, November 13, 2017, or until the position is filled.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".