The Elders Board plays a vital role in the life of Lambrick Park Church – with responsibility for the overall direction, protection and oversight of the life and leadership of the church. In the light of the significance of this responsibility and authority, we commit to important qualifications.
We are seeking Shepherd/Leaders with:
- a clear testimony of living, growing faith in Jesus Christ
- demonstrated spiritual leadership, able to be bold, proactive, visible, with a shepherd’s hearts, already acting in this manner in our congregation
- a high level of commitment to the faith, vision and values of Lambrick, to the community of Lambrick Park Church, and our shared life under God
- the commitment and ability to carry the load and do the work
- the capability and capacity to be visionary, to see the “big picture”
Lambrick Park Church’s by-laws do not delineate the number of elders at any given time. Over the last decade, LPC has intentionally included Place elders – with The Place’s recent graduation, and the formation of Hollydene Community Church, LPC is in a different, focused place. We are aiming for 6 – 8 committed elders, but currently functioning with 4, with Scott Anderson (who as Lead Pastor is not a voting member).
The Elders Board has asked the Nomination Committee to lead a process for nominations for 2-3 new elders. Elder’s terms are 3 years, and it is possible that an Elder may be asked to serve for a second 3-year term.
We are seeking Elders with character – who evidence attributes listed in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.